Matt Kemp commits $250,000 to Oklahoma relief

Advertisement
Matt Kemp $250,000, In the immediate aftermath of the unspeakably tragic tornado in Moore, Okla., Dodgers outfielder and Oklahoma native Matt Kemp pledged to donate $1,000 to relief for every home run he hit. Kemp, mostly on social media, encountered some strident and -- to me -- childish criticism for his gesture. Kemp then announced plans to go far beyond that initial pledge.
Here's the statement Kemp sent to former major-leaguer Chris Singleton, who's also active in helping tornado victims:
"Dear Families of OKC,

On Monday, out of concern and emotion I committed $1,000.00 for every home run I hit until the All-Star Break. It was a quick and small gesture in advance of what I knew would be my greater contribution through your rebuilding process. I am keeping my pledge and in addition, donating $250,000.00. May God bless you through this and the many generous donations coming to your aid.

-Matt Kemp #PrayforOklahoma"
Cynics, of course, will say that the public sniping got to him, but I take Kemp at his word when he says he always planned to do more.
Now we can move on to the next contrived outrage.


 Matt Kemp $250,000 news  cbssports Tolong Share ya ^^
thumbnail
Judul: Matt Kemp commits $250,000 to Oklahoma relief
Artikel di Publish
Komunitas Blogger Pecinta Kicot
Febriyan Cahya Yudha Lintas Resep at : 9:59 AM
 
Blog Copyright © 2013
Radio Patriot News
Matt Kemp commits $250,000 to Oklahoma relief