Player Nazi salute, AEK's Katidis apologises

Advertisement

Player Nazi salute, AEK Athens midfielder Giorgos Katidis conceded the "stupidity" of his actions after he was given a life ban from all national teams by the Greek football federation on Sunday for making a Nazi salute to fans during a match.

The 20-year-old, a former captain of Greece's Under-19 team, made the gesture in celebrating his winning goal in a 2-1 Super League victory over lowly Veria on Saturday.

Katidis apologised and asked to be dropped from AEK's first team.

"I would like to confess that I am totally unacceptable and I feel terrible for those I upset with the stupidity of my act," Katidis said in a statement.

"I made the mistake so I will be the one to pay for it, AEK is not responsible. So that is why I have decided to put myself out of the team because I have now realised how much I have offended the history of the club.

"Also, I understand fully the reasons for the decision made by the Greek Football Federation to which I owe a huge apology as it has helped me to get where I am in the professional game."

Katidis reiterated that he was not a fascist or racist.

"Unfortunately I cannot take the clock back but I want to clarify that I am not a fascist or neo-Nazi or racist. I have a step brother from Puerto Rico and all my family are from the Black Sea and have experienced racism in the worst ways," he said.

Readmore uk.news.yahoo Tolong Share ya ^^
thumbnail
Judul: Player Nazi salute, AEK's Katidis apologises
Artikel di Publish
Komunitas Blogger Pecinta Kicot
Febriyan Cahya Yudha Lintas Resep at : 11:32 PM
 
Blog Copyright © 2013
Radio Patriot News
Player Nazi salute, AEK's Katidis apologises